Adding timed videos?

Am I misunderstanding how the add-based-on-time shit works? If I add a video, then try to change the start time to 00:00:15 by highlighting the last two digits and typing 15, it jumps to like 4 minutes 25 seconds? Is that the intended function?

For example, I’ll add this video:

I’ll select :10 and replace it with :40

and it jumps to 7:20

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of time for goontube dev right now, I’m in the middle of moving, but I’ll take a look after work tonight and see if there’s a bug on the time entry fields here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That time entry component (a good few years old) seemed to have some very specific stuff going on for handling keyboard events; it worked but wasn’t great on Chrome but when I tried Firefox it was totally broken.

So I rewrote it a little more sensibly and pushed an update to the front page. It seems to work much better in both Chrome and Firefox now. May need a cache clear

Excellent, I’ll give it a look. Thanks! I was mostly just unsure if I was misunderstanding how it was supposed to work

edit: seems to still be acting funny. I can type 0 at the cursor and it’ll become 0:37, as intended

I can push 0 at this cursor and get 0:07, as intended

but if I try to change the last digit, it seems to just have a mind of its own. After trying to change to :05:

but again, since you’re busy, who cares, don’t worry about it. It was just a bug I wanted to point out :toot:

Confirming you are on Firefox, and it is only freaking out on the last digit? I was trying to reproduce this one but I can’t (yet.)

Yes, exactly right. I ditched Chrome a bit ago because of some of the shit Google is pulling

on the latest build it’s working consistently for me on Firefox (either macOS or Windows), can’t get the last digit to do anything weird still

I again ctrl-f5’d and it seems to be working fine, now. Thanks dawg, you’re the best as usual :ocelot:

1 Like