*UPDATE* Goontube Cookoffathon Saturday March 13th @ 6PM EST

MOVED TO TO 3/13/21 GET COOKIN!

The time has come for the Annual Goontube Good Time Cookoff. Dig deep for the biggest worldwide cooking (video) competition you’ve probably ever participated in probably. The rules are simple.* Whoever makes the best cooking video wins. So sign up and win!

REGISTRATION/VIDEO SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SATURDAY 03/13/2021 @ 12PM EST
EVENT TAKES PLACE: SATURDAY 03/13/20212 @ 6PM EST

Rules may not be as simple as initially stated.*

**PLEASE CLICK EACH SUMMARY DESCRIPTION FOR THE RULES

***The only hardline rules are the deadlines. Do whatever the heck you want for your “cooking video” just don’t break any goontube rules or your vid will be pulled.

STEP 1: Sign up! HERE! In this thread! Ya dingus! :dingus:

Summary

-Submit the following information in this thread before registration deadline (02/27/2021)

-What are you going to cook? Even if it’s just a rough description or a catchy phrase that’s fine. This is to encourage people to think a bit about what they’re going to do before registering. Recreate a family secret or a youtube classic. Submit a clip of you nuking some cold pizza! Whatever you want really. Tutorial on how to walk to the local deli and buy a sandwich? Yes please! Do you like HowToBasic videos? Me too! Somebody is gonna have to eat it though. Goontubers will be judging your video so make sure you cater to your (lovely) audience as best you can!

NOTE: YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR RECIPE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE BUT PLEASE UPDATE YOUR POST WITH THE NAME OF YOUR VIDEO BEFORE THE DAY OF THE EVENT

STEP 2: Film everything! :quagmire:

Summary

-Make your dish and document it. Don’t have a Sony A7S III? Use your flip-phone or an iPad. It’s basically the same thing

-Narrate your progress. Tell us what you’re doing. What the heck ARE you doing? Lure your flatmate or significant other into the kitchen with promises of snacks then trick them into filming for you to get plenty of great footage.

-You don’t need to document the 35 minutes in the oven at 350F, but if you do, we hope you at least recite some poetry or do a bit of a dance for us or something while we wait.

-Camera shy? You don’t need to film your goony face! Film from a first person perspective and narrate! Don’t like the sound of your own voice? Neither do we! Film in silence or add a nice background music track to your video!

STEP 3 (optional): Eat your food and tell us if it sucks! :perfection:

Summary

-Eat your food and vouch for whether or not it’s actually food.

-Film your reaction and provide something along the lines of:

-On a scale of 1 to 5 how does it taste?

-On a scale of 1 to 5 how does it look?

STEP 4: Edit your video! :deku:

Summary

-This is the hard part. If you’re a mac person or on an iPad you probably have iMovie. If you filmed the whole thing on your iPad you’re all set! If you’re on PC, download OpenShot https://www.openshot.org/ If you know what you’re doing ignore this part and do your thing.

-If you can do the whole damn thing in a single take without any editing, awesome ignore this section!

-If you need any help with light editing, let me know and I’ll help you out. DM me and we can figure something out!

STEP 5: Upload your video. :filez:

Summary

-If you need help uploading your video to YouTube, DM me and I’ll help you out.

STEP 6: Cookoff Video Arena Showdown :goku:

EVENT STARTS SATURDAY MARCH 6th @ 6PM EST

Summary

-Submit your video link to me via DM before the deadline Saturday March 6th @12PM EST

-A moderator will add your video to the playlist during the event.

-A poll will be held and users will be allowed to rate your video. Prepare to be judged!

-Winners and prizes will be determined by the council of goons (whoever happens to be watching)

PRIZES :yay:

Summary

1ST PLACE:
Winner will be crowned Champion of the Universe :v: and given The Wooden Goon Spoon and a nice Steam gift.

2nd and 3rd Place:
Steam gifts of lesser value will be awarded to the first and second losers. :yesha:

CONTACT ME VIA DM FOR ANY QUESTIONS!!!

signs name in grease

1 Like

I too will be participating in this spectacle. I will be preparing either a dish consisting of beans or one consisting of chocolate chips.

I’m not allowed to use the stove

3 Likes

If I can decide what to make, I’ll plan to have an entry ready.

1 Like

You know what I just might

1 Like

Can I make noodles of ramen?

2 Likes

I’m in. Niobium’s kitchen is back. Pork tartare with vodka custard and fennel jerkey.

2 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

Oh jeez this is coming up this weekend!

Hey Everyone,

Sailor you are correct, it is coming up this weekend.

I am considering pushing the event out 1 week to try and drum up a bit more momentum and to make sure everyone (myself included) has time to get their video done proper.

Please let me know if anyone has any objections to pushing to Saturday 3/13 6PM EST.

If everyone who was planning on participating is cool with an extra week I’ll modify OP and we’ll set it in (digital) stone.

1 Like

Sure

I’d like to apologize for not being more involved in promoting this. It’s my first time doing something like this.

I really hope people jump on board to participate. I had a lot of fun making my video so here ya go:

For the record, I was actually going to make some chili in the instant pot but I quickly realized i needed to do the dishes first. So I stuck a GoPro to the kitchen cabinet with a suction cup and recorded myself rambling and doing dishes for an hour. The resulting 4 minutes of usable footage is what you see here. Editing was done with Adobe Premier.

If you need any tips or help with editing please let me know, I’ll be happy to help!
I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone else’s videos this weekend.

Cheers!
-ace

3 Likes

Hey Everyone! Big day is tomorrow (or maybe today for you already). 3/13 6PM EST. If you need any help uploading videos or anything let me know ASAP!

See you tomorrow!

-ace

1 Like

Thankyou to everyone for contributing. The event was a lot of fun!

Congratulations to Holmium for his win with Cursed Bog Pasghetti :distonk:

Tao’s Goon Cookin’

Sailor’s Caramel Apples

Avoid’s Faedyr Sauce :mindblown2:

Ace’s Schallenigelpfannkuchen

Slush Garbo’s Moltninjas

:wario:

3 Likes

NEW COOKOFF WHEN!??!?!

2 Likes

secret ingredient: piss